Main Menu

Secret part of Chop Chop, Gex 1

Started by ALN98, June 18, 2024, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALN98

Hello, whoever is reading me. 🙃

Well, I'm not exactly an expert Gex player, speedruiner and such. But, I remember playing this game when I was a kid and liking it... Which basically made me download the PS1 version to play, out of nostalgia. Fun.

The first game in the trilogy is known for having a lot of gotchas and surprises made by the developers, and I could see that. But, venturing through the levels that I consider more difficult, I noticed one in particular that I never saw anyone commenting on. I figured it was either new, or it might interest the Gex community.

In this case, I mention the "Chop Chop" level. There are some challenges unrelated to the main objective, of getting the remote control and leaving the level. Almost near the end of it, after the last checkpoint, there are some platforms that, when touched, descend into that deadly red water.

The objective of the place I mention is to reach a portal, from there return to an area where there is a samurai Gecco, and from there take another portal to continue the game. Well, if you stick to the ceiling using that little thing that flies and continue there, without activating the platforms, you find a super speed power-up. If you eat it and follow it to a third portal, otherwise inaccessible...

Well, you get into a special challenge where you have to avoid being crushed by these platforms. If you beat this challenge and go to the other portal, you will emerge in a different place where you can access to the bonus level of the Kung Fu stage.

That's it, I had to share it. I hope it helps or entertains someone, lol.
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Ravenfreak

I haven't played Gex 1 too much, and I never made it this far in the game. Thanks for sharing with us! I'd like to see footage of this, since it's known now perhaps there will be footage soon.  :cowboy: Also welcome to Gex Forums!

TwitchisMental

Thanks for sharing this information. Also welcome to the Gex Forums  :D

ALN98

Quote from: Ravenfreak on June 19, 2024, 06:15:24 PMI haven't played Gex 1 too much, and I never made it this far in the game. Thanks for sharing with us! I'd like to see footage of this, since it's known now perhaps there will be footage soon.  :cowboy: Also welcome to Gex Forums!

It was a pleasure to contribute what I found in Gex's first game. It would be really cool to have footage, yes, I could do it myself. I just don't know how, 😅😅😅. I already took some photos (of poor quality) of these previously unknown parts of the game. Do I put it somewhere?

Some time later, I also discovered a way to reach another somewhat impossible, complicated bonus stage. This in "Disco Inferno". Would it also be interesting?
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

ALN98

Quote from: TwitchisMental on June 19, 2024, 11:37:34 PMThanks for sharing this information. Also welcome to the Gex Forums  :D

Thanks!!! ^^
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃